The Cora’s Kids team held a panel in collaboration with the Connecticut Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at the Danbury Public Library where providers spoke to an audience interested in learning more about starting an at-home daycare through our program.
Community members and individuals involved with other initiatives led by Cora’s Kids heard from five daycare owners, including:
- Veronica Cervantes owner of The Little Jungle Child Care Family Child Care
- Zaida Coraizaca owner of Sunrise Day Care
- Belkis Rodriguez owner of Nana Belkis Home Day Care
- Brigida Mendieta owner of Caritas Felices Day Care
- Emylly Silva owner of Tia Emylly Day Care LLC
Elizabeth Quinonez, our Early Childcare Initiative Director, and Nelson Merchan, Business Advisor at SBDC, moderated the conversation. Each panelist dove into their experience as a small business owner, the importance of continuing their education, pricing for ALICE® (Asset Limited, Income Constrained, Employed) families in their community, relationship building and networking, and more.
This event was held in Spanish but stay tuned on our social media to learn about an upcoming session in English! To learn more about becoming a Cora’s Kids provider, click here.