About the Heart of Gold Scholarship
The Roberta K. Eichler Heart of Gold Scholarship is named for the longstanding Executive Director of the Stamford Volunteer Center. This $5,000 scholarship is awarded annually to support and promote the continuing education of an outstanding student volunteer from the Stamford community.
Candidate must be a high school senior who is a Stamford resident and/or attends a high school in Stamford.
- Student is or has been in one or more volunteer events/projects.
- Student displays outstanding participation, dedication, and commitment toward volunteer events/projects as well as volunteerism in general.
- Student demonstrates leadership qualities in connection with volunteerism.
- A copy of student's High School Transcript.
- At least one letter of recommendation* by a supervising staff member of the nonprofit agency where the student volunteers, religious institution they attend, other supervising person related to the volunteer service, or their high school guidance counselor or teacher. The recommendation letter should attest to the student’s commitment to and participation in volunteering, leadership or any other relevant factors.
- (Optional): Any additional supplemental materials that would enhance the student’s application, such as awards, certificates, photos, or other materials related to volunteer activities.
All application materials must be submitted to the online portal by 11:59 pm on March 25, 2024.
- February 5th: Applications open
- March 25th: Application deadline
- Week of April 22nd: Selected candidates invited for half-hour interviews
- April 30th: All candidates will be notified of the application decision
HOW TO SUBMIT MATERIALS
Submit the online application using the form below: